Saturday, July 7, 2012

Day 4: Sheridan, WY to Idaho Falls, ID

Big Horn=awesomeness




Miles traveled: approx 500 miles
Time spent driving:  Hard to tell, we no longer driving on highways and spent the day on winding two lane roads
States passed:  Wyoming, Idaho
Tolls paid: What are tolls again? 
Tanks of gas: 2
Traffic violations: None  (where's the confetti?)


On today's epic National Park journey:

  • We had our best breakfast yet in Cody, Wyoming.
  • Pop music disappeared from the airwaves.  
  • We drove through the amazing Big Horn National Park.
  • We hiked in Yellowstone.  Yes, it was amazing. 
  • As my father just mentioned on the phone, I get to scratch"see Old Faithful blow" off my life to do list.
  • We drove through the Grand (amazing!) Tetons.
  • Wyoming is basically amazing.  
  • It has been decided that I want to live here and while Michael thinks it is the finest state we have visited, he is strictly a Bay Area guy.
  • We have now traveled 2,600 miles in four days.  Michael has no verbal response to this fact, he just gives me a "look."  It is not a happy look but not a mean look either, I am not sure what it is.  Clearly he has an opinion but is not able to verbalize it...I think we are freakin' rockstars and totally deserved the beer I had at dinner.

From our hike around the geysers at Yellowstone

Cooler than Old Faithful blowing in the background

Smitten with a geyser

These Tetons are in fact Grand

No comments: