Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Chestnut Bombs

I love me some chestnuts. In fact, I still roast them whenever the season comes around. (But not over an open fire, get your head out of Christmas. Usually on the stove.)

We have chestnut trees at school. A couple are right in front of the Performing Arts Building. And these are mega chestnuts, like the heavyweight champions of nuts.

And these trees are tall. And fall is hitting, leaves are changing, they are falling off the trees and with the leaves come kamikaze nuts.

These chestnuts are like little torpedoes. They come down hard-I've seen them take down branches as they drop-and I will bet you money one is going to come down hard on me because that would be so my luck that I get assaulted by a nut.

Needless to say, I'm scared.


No comments: