Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Deep Thoughts by a Grad Student

Grad School is turning out to be like making an omelette with your brain. You know this, you have a little that, we will throw something in there and then whip it up and fry you and see what we get. (It isn't that graphic or invasive but it is a metaphor, feel free to go with it.)


So what is cooking now?


If you make a play without it being social commentary, is it being lazy? Are you failing your craft? Or is it commentary regardless? Thus I am actually really not lazy?

I haven't filled up my gas tank in two weeks and not even close to E. Nothing deep there, just read it and weep.

If my back hurts this much now and I am only carrying a couple spirals and books each day, how old am I in body years?

Oral sex on stage. Is it bad, lowbrow, fine, or go for it just don't invite your mother?

Is there any way to do improv in a way that doesn't make you want to rip your hair out and curl into the fetal position?

How long can I go without Thai, Chinese, or Vietnamese food before I go insane?

Why am I here? Why am I doing this? Should I have kept my childhood dream and become a doctor?

Will my writing ever be legible again? What the hell does anything say?

If I continue to eat almonds for lunch, is there some kind of consequence I could face in the next couple of weeks?

Is this first overdraft notice during my years of grad a right of passage? Can I say that with a straight face?

Is it ok to wake up in a cold sweat because I worry about my financial aid package? Cause I do and I am very worried.

No comments: