Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Rights for Smokers

I guarantee that if you walk out of any Sarah Lawrence building and turn your head 180 degrees, you will find a smoker puffing on a cigarette.

Now coming from the land of California where smokers are pretty much shoved to the side so much so that Newsom opted to get rid of the sales of cigarettes in the city of San Francisco, I have to say this is a bit of a culture shock.

Even more so when I received an email from the college saying that while they recognize the rights of smokers, they ask that they smoke a farther away from buildings because there have been complaints.

I can hear a certain percentage of you groan, actually I can name who you are.

But remember, smokers are people too.

Something California doesn't agree with. No opinions here, just ironic observation.

No comments: