Friday, September 19, 2008

Dissecting the Horoscope

I am a Capricorn. You should know that, but with an Aquarius rising so I have a soul.

And I read the horoscope everyday, if you don't you should too. (bridgettwalther.com)

Reading a horoscope is like trying to fit a generalized shoe on your foot. What does it mean, where is that in my life, how will work out and feel and when?

So here is the horoscope for this weekend, let us dissect.

"Weekend Update: You decide to take a new approach to a puzzle affecting your lifestyle, career and overall wellness. Friday morning gets the process started."

This morning I was running late to work and am trying to figure out how to best utilize an hour so I don't have to wake up earlier in the morning. I decided that I should eat toast in the car instead of something that requires me sitting at a table.

"You're excited and slightly unsure about the whole thing, but feel compelled to at least try something different."

Well, ya, toast is like carb heaven. And with butter? I wonder how much more I am going to have to work out to undo all of that...

"Mid morning may seem a bit confusing. Don't leave valuables or money unguarded. Keep irreplaceable things very close to you. You might be slightly absentminded during this phase."

I have seventy five cents, an ipod, and this computer. Which is on my lap. Or is it on my lap? Where's my phone....

"Later during the afternoon and evening, you feel like you're on track, coming home and doing something significant. And you are. You fall asleep knowing that you're onto something potentially life changing."

I have to imitate a bird today in seminar. I am doing an owl, and then I have to stay late at school. Maybe my bird call will be so impressive that people are like, "Wow, you should do voice over."

"Saturday morning and afternoon establish new ideas, routines and rules. All good so far. You're willing to try to break away from your usual routine. You've reached a point of frustration with the usual, so-called normal stuff because it's demanding more but offering less."

And instead of doing my homework and writing that scary ass new play I might want to perfect my owl call and go into the woods by myself and find some inspiration and have a conversation with some random feathery male.

"Saturday night is cautionary. Don't take risks or do something that feels odd, wrong or threatening. Saturday is bad for debates or arguments, thanks to planetary volatility."

But it would be so me to find a new talent like "World Acclaimed Owl Caller" and then say..."No, why am I doing that? I am sure there are so many other people out there who sound like owls and really, where is the money in that. And why do we need owl callers anyway? We need more doctors but health care sucks. Damn. What the hell am I doing. Will someone tell me what I am doing!!! Goddamn health care. My knee keeps cracking but who can fix that. Shit. What if I need surgery. How can you pay for that with owl calling. I am about to get volatile. Whooo. Stop it Angela!"

"Sunday morning might begin with a sinus problem or headache."

Because you know, the frolic through the woods on my owl adventure made me sick. Of course, stupid birds.

"It gets better as the day progresses. You start to feel like you're finally in the groove and part of something. You begin to feel that you belong."

Maybe I overreacted. Maybe it doesn't matter. Mammal, bird, this is life man. We are all in it together.
I should buy a bird.

No comments: