Sunday, September 14, 2008

"The War Within".....F*@&

So bless Netflix, it is a present that gets delivered to your door once a week. When I first signed up, I went queue crazy, selecting so many movies that I am set for 2 years.

Therefore, I have no idea what movie is coming next and a lot of films I selected cause they just seemed interesting.

My Friday treat was the "The War Within." I wanted to chill out after the first week of school so I go into my bed with my laptop, make some tea and prepare to relax.

A little bit of backstory. I live 30 minutes from Manhattan via train. And that train lands in Grand Central station, where then I go my merry way on to whatever subway line there is. The inside of the station is gorgeous. Marble, sea foam green roof, and the sounds of a thousand echos as feet furiously cross the ivory floors.

I have been to Grand Central three times just this week.

So "The War Within." First off, this is gutsy film making. If I had the idea for this screenplay I would never go through with it. My inner critic and censor would be so loud and forbidding that it would never come to be.

The story of this film is about a Pakistani man who is tortured and imprisoned in Pakistan then sneaks his way into America to do Allah's will. It is about one's relationships to family, country, the heart, and faith.

Needless to say at the end of the movie he straps a bomb to his chest, stands in the main concourse of Grand Central station, right by the kiosk where I buy my train ticket, and blows himself and the station up.

My God. I mean. My God. Now when I go to Grand Central, I am hyper aware of anyone holding a briefcase which is practically everybody.

But the moral of the story is: Stay on top of your Queue kids. Don't let it go crazy.

No comments: