Monday, August 4, 2008

Four Days Left-

In the Bay Area.  That is just plain crazy.  Then I am off on the road trip of the century (yes, it will be that momentous.)

So to recap:  after 7 years of living in the Bay Area, I am moving to New York to get myself one of those expensive MFA degrees at Sarah Lawrence College.

Much excitement, many goodbyes.

But, more importantly it is a time for listing. 

So I present to you Angela's Top 10 Lists:


Top 10 Things I will miss in the Bay are:
10.  The roof of my apartment building
9.  Driving through Moraga on foggy nights where visibility is low and deer crossings are high
8.  Fish Ranch Road
7.  The way Fast Trak beeps at you and the way other people remain stuck in traffic
6.  Passing the Oakland shipyard cranes on the way home
5.  Vacations in the Russian River
4.  Bragging rights that it takes me 5 hours to drive to Los Angeles
3.  Little Saigon's eggrolls (http://www.yelp.com/biz/pho-little-saigon-alameda)
2.  Driving across the Bay Bridge at night
1.  Burritos from the Mission


Top 10 Things I gladly leave in the Bay are:
10.  $4.00 tolls
9.  40 minute commutes
8.  30 minutes to find a parking space in SoMa's alleyways
7.  The dent in my hood from the first hit and run
6.  My fallen side view mirror from the second hit and run
5.  My cell phone and broken car window from my first break-in at ODC
4.  My cds and broken car window from my second break-in on my birthday in SoMa
3.  The tow truck driver who took my car away after going to TBA for 2 minutes
2.  The tow truck driver who took my car as I filed a police report at the Mission station after the before mentioned first break in
1.  Thousands of dollars in parking tickets


Ah-life has been good.


3 comments:

Michael said...

What about missing friends, BITCH?

LisaP said...

Yeah, dude. I knew you never loved us.

Angela said...

Woaaahhhh.
It's a list of stuff.
You guys wanna be stuff?