Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Quyen's Day Three reflection: The Psychic was wrong about Vegas

I was told I was suppose to win it big in Vegas by my psychic Mirina. I lost $20 at the Belagio playing the 25 cent slots. Couldn't find any penny machines. I guess the Belagio is too classy for penny slots. After loosing my $20 I decided to call it quits. We still had some 2000+ miles to travel after all.

Vegas by day is probably not as interesting to see so at 3 PM I certainly was not impressed. I am reserving judgment, however, until I can see the night life.

Tom Tom failed us today. On our way to Hoover Dam, we were directed to drive in the opposite direction of the Dam per our Road Map. Tom Tom wanted us to drive the long way around to Hoover Dam, about an hour out of our way if we had listened to it. Following instinct and the Road map, we turned around, having last 30 minutes already. However, the turn around was well worth it for the drive over Hoover Dam was beautiful. Angela and I debated on whether or not we should do the Fools Rush In throw a quarter in the dam bit but with all the pedestrians out and about, it just didn't seem feasible. How did Selma Hayek do it? I'm going to have to watch the movie again.

The drive to Williams is covered with juniper trees which drove my allergies crazy. Poor Angela had to endure my constant whining about the damn juniper trees. I'm sure she was relieved when I fell asleep and could no longer bemoan my misfortune post juniper tree. So not having won any money, getting a little lost on the way to Hoover Dam and having a strong reaction to the sudden appearance of juniper trees, Day Three was quite a day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Bellagio takes your money. The place to go is either the Excalibur when they have $5 Blackjack or Planet Hollywood. Somehow I feel that I should have told you this earlier and therefore I feel slightly responsible for the $20 loss. I apologize for my ineptitude.

Selma Hayek reaches into her glove compartment where she keeps a stash of dollar coins. She throws the coin over the dam right as she passes the Nevada/Arizona border. *sigh* Love it.

Angela said...

But it is impossible. You would hit a tourist in the head. There are people walking everywhere.